How To Feng Shui A Bedroom For Love!

love quotes

(via etsy)

Love makes everything better.  Honestly, nothing can be that wrong when there is a lot of love.

So, why not create a home that welcomes in more love?!

Today’s feng shui for love is back to basics to set up a bedroom that cultivates more intimacy.  And, yes, some of you will find some tips impossible that that’s fine.  Go with what works and make even small shifts to magnetize your bedroom!

bedroom design

Arrange Your Bedroom For Love by Carol M. Olmstead

It’s hard to avoid thinking about love and romance in February, the month when we’re surrounded by all of those ads for Valentine’s Day gifts. Whether you’re looking to attract a new love or want to rev up the love you already have, here are a dozen of my favorite Feng Shui bedroom tips for love.

1. A bedroom should be for rest and romance only, so remove things that keep you from focusing on love, especially clutter, dirty clothes, and the cat’s litter box.
  2. Replace any bedroom furniture that is broken, stained, torn, or that has any unpleasant associations with past relationships.
  3. Get rid of the bed and mattress from a previous relationship because when you sleep on them you sleep with the negative energy from your former lover.
  4. Remove photographs of your children, parents, and pets from your bedroom so they won’t be “watching” you in bed; instead, display a current photo of you with your spouse/partner.
  5. Place a pair of night tables in your bedroom; for singles the second table invites a partner into your bedroom, for couples it encourages equality in your relationship.
  6. Remove artwork from your bedroom if it shows a single person or a solitary or lonely scene; replace it with images that are paired, coupled, or romantic to make you more receptive to a relationship.
  7. Treat yourself to new, luxurious bedding to freshen your relationship and encourage your spouse/partner to linger in bed with you.
  8. Remove items that remind you of a past lover, including your ex’s photo, old sweater, or gifts that could remind you of love that went bad.
  9. Add red accessories to your bedroom in shades of scarlet, crimson, and burgundy to activate the Fire Element and ignite your love life.
  10. Remove all work-related items from your bedroom, especially your computer and cell phone, so you can focus on romance instead of your career.
  11. If you have a ceiling fan directly above your bed it could be “cooling down” your relationship; if you can’t relocate the bed, hang a crystal from the fan or pull chain.
  12. Remove the extra pillows and stuffed animals from your bed because they send the message that you have no room for anyone else to join you.

Love this Carol!  xoxo Dana

maggie February 12, 2014 at 7:59 pm

Definitely going to add more red to my color palette of my room – thanks for the tips!

Carol Olmstead February 13, 2014 at 9:05 pm

Thanks, Dana! It’s all about arranging a bedroom for rest and romance, and leaving out all the work-related and other stuff that can distract you from that.

danaclaudat February 13, 2014 at 9:55 pm

You are so wonderful, Carol!

Tabby February 14, 2014 at 10:25 pm

Hm, I have an embarrassing question. Is there a way to, say, get rid of the negative energy from the mattress if it’s relatively new?

danaclaudat February 15, 2014 at 2:19 am

jump up & down on it with some music on?! shake out your pillows! and burn some sage. start fresh 😉 happy valentines day!

Gisele March 5, 2014 at 5:08 pm

What is your prespective on having a tv in the bedroom?

danaclaudat March 5, 2014 at 7:39 pm

not the best thing. not at all. for a multitude of reasons! http://www.fengshuidana.com/2013/10/28/why-the-tv-should-stay-out-of-the-bedroom/

James March 9, 2014 at 12:24 am

Do these tips work for men too? Anything we should do differently? Also what is the significance of having mainly bare walls (just the paint) and not much decoration – what does this signal?

Lizzie March 14, 2014 at 1:58 pm

Hi 🙂 I’m very new to Feng Shui and I love your modern take on it! I read a book introducing me to Feng Shui and I got the impression that I’m going to have to put bamboo flutes and faceted crystal balls everywhere in my house… Not really keen on that idea, so your ideas are very refreshing and inspiring!

My question is, how do I arrange and decorate my Master bedroom when it is mostly in the knowledge area of the bagua? (There is some family area overlap). Our bedroom is at the front left corner of our house, there is a large window in the room at the front of the house and the door to the bedroom is in the far right of the room if you are facing it while standing at the window. Currently our bed is on the left wall and not under the window.

Thanks so much in advance 🙂

danaclaudat March 15, 2014 at 2:57 am

Treat it as though it is also a relationship room. All bedrooms are. And I would suggest that you also ask yourself as you set up the room, what does this relationship teach me? What do we learn from each other? How do we strengthen that in symbolism and design? That should lead you in a very good direction! The bagua is only one tool, so don’t worry too much about it— yet use it for insight!
And…Welcome!!! If you want to dive deeper into my way of feng shui for your space, my e-guide has tons of step-by-step info and free courses and lots of linked videos as well as exercises to get you connected to space. You can find it at the top of the sidebar of the blog. And there are lots of decor tips and ideas to get you going here, so this should be lots of fun! xoxo

Lizzie March 15, 2014 at 4:42 am

Thanks! I’ll definitely take all that on board 🙂 I’m getting quite excited about it all now. And I will also be checking out your ebook. I already pinned a link to the page about it on my Pinterest so I could find it easily 🙂

Matt July 29, 2014 at 3:26 pm

Hi Dana,
Great tips on the bedroom and I have been able to incorporate most of them already. I’m still trying to find the best position of my bed in my room, but the two possibilities have me facing a door (one is exterior, the other is a bathroom). A little guidance is appreciated.

danaclaudat July 29, 2014 at 11:56 pm

It’s nearly always best to be on the wall facing the door just not with your feet facing out the door.