The Earth is the mother of all life, so it should come as no surprise that its herbs and flowers could yield magical essences to soothe the body and balance the psyche. Aromatherapy is a very addictive art form- once you see a bit of what it can do, you will never turn back. I use very powerful aromatherapy skincare, bathe in oils almost every day, and use oils to create specific balance in my body energy wherever it is needed. I just love these links to really wonderful aromatherapy goodness- from creating your own essential oil to making an essential oil infused water! (&, incidentally, how cool are these edible flower Popsicles???!!!)
- Mountain Rose blog has a DIY on creating your own colognes!
- This Sassy Water from Babble is thrilling. Mixologists use essential oils in cocktails these days too, but I’ll stick to this infused water during the day this summer!
- Tipnut will show you 10 ways to use herbs to freshen your home!
- Make your own Orange Essential Oil from Condo Blues and delight in the freshness! I use orange oil for freshening the trash bin, raising the energy in the toilet (!) water, and I make a divine Sweet Orange Sugar Scrub with a heavy dose of this citrus wonder!
- And, oh… these Lavender Chamomile Bath Melts from Be Beautiful are the epitome are soothing, and although you need some Shea Butter and Cocoa Butter to melt together these melts, there are dozens of uses for Shea and Cocoa Butter that will use up the rest! (and I’ll make you some of my favorites soon!)
Enjoy the sensory divinity! xoxo Dana
(note: always use aromatherapy safely. HERE is more on that!)