It’s grain-free, gluten-free, refined-sugar-free, super-simple and delicious. It took me all of 5 minutes to get it into the oven… and it’s so so so good!
Now, let’s make some very fast, easy and impressive clafoutis, shall we?
To make the clafoutis, gather together:
- 1 1/2 cups of almond meal from Trader Joe’s. You can use blanched almond flour… or even grind up nuts, though that is tricky to get right unless you have a Vitamix with a grinder blade. If you want to grind nuts in a processor, try it with raw cashews that are soft!
- 1 regular sized egg
- 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/4 cup of light olive oil (not extra virgin, unless you want dense olive-tasting scones) or 1/4 cup of virgin coconut oil
- one (preferably organic) lemon- just the zest shredded on a microplane (optional)
- 1 1/2 tsp of pure vanilla
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- dash of salt
- 1 cup of fresh (preferably organic) blueberries. I would try frozen ones that were defrosted and drained in this, though I have not tried it yet!
- Some parchment paper or oil to grease a pie plate.
Turn the oven on to 350.
In a big mixing bowl combine:
1 1/2 C almond meal/flour
1/4 tsp of baking soda
a healthy dash of salt
the 1/4 C of oil (light olive or coconut)
1/4 C of honey
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp of vanilla
the optional lemon zest
Add the wet ingredients to the big bowl of dry ones and mix it up well.
Fold in the blueberries, then pile this into a parchment lined pie plate (or… a well-oiled pie plate!)
Bake at 350 for up to 30 minutes.
After about 20 minutes I start checking to see if the temperature needs to be lowered. You will know if the bottom seems to be getting dark while the tops look un-baked. If it’s aggressively browning, lower the temperature. Do not leave it unattended as the golden brown turns to burned very quickly!
Let it cool a few minutes and slice it into wedges.
They you can return to the oven for 5-10 minutes if you’d like a bit more “substative” bites.
So bright, so balanced, so so delicious!!!
It’s typically a bit more moist and sometimes very crumbly on thre bottom, so serve it with a spoon!
Serve with ice cream, with tea, or with a bunch of spoons, watching it vanish very quickly…!
Enjoy! xoxo Dana
Welcome to Creating Genius!
I spent the last year creating this e-guide to balancing and unblocking life by pulling together the best of a decade of space-changing and life-shifting feng shui! It’s 50 days and 50 ways to use feng shui to shift your space and your routines to move from “stuck” to creatively inspired and alive.
Gather up your magic & make gorgeous dreams come true!