Every once in a while I am given what I consider to be a test.
I am sure you have had a day like that!
You know, the world asks you to show how tough you can be.
For me, I feel its a way to answer the question: Can I practice what I preach in peace, love & feng shui?!
But when it counts, when a day is so terrible that there needs to be an intervention, I have a tendancy to dive deep into my own toolkit and create a way out.
Here’s a little feng shui for a day gone haywire!
(I was feeling pretty ready for the road!)
Backstory: Yesterday I was heading to NYC from LA. An easy flight, good weather and by all means not a big deal.
Until two of my taxi’s cancelled themselves. I got to the airport late. I ran to catch my plane that was delayed an hour. Then two hours. And two hours more.
In the air, the engine failed and we had an emergency landing. In the 20 minutes the plane descended I chanted my heart out clutching my Buddhist beads for dear life and realized I had a few regrets. If I lived I would not regret them!
Landed in Denver- lucky to be alive- to no available flights.
My luggage was lost.
And I had on a tank top and a skirt to wear to the snow all week ahead.
Yep, one of those days!
I did make it home, I met amazing wonen on the final flight, and I realized after an hour in a car to get home finally just how far I had come from the days of giving up in a crisis. I also made a few big decisions I will share one day as the plane bounced into Denver.
Here are some awesome feng shui-based tips you can use to diffuse obstacles and see the brighter side of any day!
1. Drink a whole lot of water. Stress is allevated by the flow of water energy. Water has been my salvation on many occasions.
2. Close your eyes and breathe deeply. Feel the center of your body. Breathe into your center, drawing breath deep and allowing it to recharge your batteries and help you get grounded.
3. Carry some aromatherapy. This one from Young Living- Peace & Calming- is a lifesaver. A potent lavender essential oil can work wonders.
4. Use affirmative phrases. When you complain, you shut down solutions. When you decide it will work out, you find answers. I will find a way to get home! is very different from How the hell will I ever get home?!
5. Dump some clutter that you are carrying on you. Clear junk from your purse, your car, your pockets, your wallet and even your phone. You’ll be surprised how the act of creating order can shift your mindset.
6. Remember that the things worth having are worth fighting for. If you are running into roadblocks, you just need to double-down on your passion.
And always… be grateful. Gratitude changes lives. Science has proven this, if your life hasn’t proven it enough already!
And, if you want to dive in to your own personalized feng shui in a modern, practical way, Say hello to Feng Shui 101. Its the guide I made for you to create your own personalized feng shui at home, in the office, wherever you may be… in 8 weeks. It’s not filled with strict rules or what you “must” do. Its filled with information, questions, exercises and even videos and classes to help you confidently create amazing spaces with killer feng shui and live with more flow. Learn more about the 8-week feng shui adventure & grab your copy to get started right HERE… And, as always, please let me know what happens!