Mornings are the pace-setter for the day.
Some of us jump out of bed, excited, nearly every day. I’m betting a vast majority of you wish you could sleep more. Some meet the day with indifference, or even uncertainty.
In the morning, we are more apt to be in a level of brain activity- the alpha level- that is most powerful for shaping our moods and our reality. While there is no way to control the outcome of any given moment, there are definitive things you can do in the morning to kick off the morning on a high note.
Here are 10 feng shui ways to make the morning a time you relish, even if you are not a morning person.
Ideas to start loving the morning even more….
1. Visualize for a few minutes! Don’t just hit “snooze”, have that snooze button work for you! Next time you hit snooze, take a few minutes to close your eyes and resist the urge to actually sleep more (*the sleep quality of those 8 minutes is not fantastic, so you are missing nothing!) and decide to visualize something that makes you excited. If you are a reluctant morning riser, you might want to make this easy on your self and be simple. Just close your eyes and imagine. Imagine something you dread ahead of you being pleasant. Imagine a challenge being swept out of the way. Or imagine anything you love and want to have happen!
2. Greet the mirror with a smile. Stand in the mirror and smile. Yes, smile. If you want to get fancier, you can try THIS mirror trick (it is awesome) but the very act of smiling will make your morning happier. Watching yourself do the smiling- in the mirror just makes it brighter and better.
3. Write some pages in a journal. Dump your thoughts into a journal. A few minutes of brain dumping and writing your heart out without thinking very much is enormously therapeutic. HERE is more if you are interested in using a journal to jump-start your days!
4. Keep food stocked for breakfast that makes you feel fantastic, even fancy! you should have something good to eat, even a small bite. Not only is it nourishing physically, but great food also feeds your sensory life.
5. Take in some hydrotherapy! A fantastic shower can make you feel sleepy. If you alternate hot and cold water in bursts, you will wake up the flow of your energy in a profound way. While this is not the easiest to do to yourself (the cold is always hard for me to turn on!) after you feel the fantastic effects of hydrotherapy, you might be hooked. You can read more about it HERE.
6. Mix in some aromatherapy. Don’t even worry if it is the “right” essential oil— pick a really high quality essential oil that you just love to smell and sprinkle it in the shower or put a drop in some coconut oil and use it as a body moisturizer. Add in natural and delicious fragrance with aromatherapy and your senses will be compelled in the morning.
7. Add color to your clothes! You can absolutely re-tool your day with some color. THIS fashion feng shui piece will guide you through the basics of picking colors to wear to make your day extra-special. A small bit of red, as a starting point, will make any day a bit more magnetic.
8. Stretch. Yoga is awesome in the morning. A few minutes of stretching is a very good start on the road to morning yoga. Touch your toes. Do some side bends. Breathe deeply. Do more and more as you feel yourself getting more flexible. (I bet your days are getting more flexible, too!)
9. Add a new route to your morning. Go left instead of right. Take a new road to the coffee shop. Shake up the same-same of the scenery as much as you can.
10. Affirm the day!!! People talk a whole lot about affirmations but I don’t hear of many people doing them! Pick any phrase you want that makes sense with your life and makes you feel alive. Say it! Over and over again! Say it 20, 30, 40 times. It doesn’t matter if it “works” or not in terms of helping you to manifest anything… it will make you feel great.
Whatever you decide to try— one or all!— incorporate then gradually into your life. If you suddenly have 10 new things to do in the morning- even great things- chances are you won’t stick with them all. Fold each that sings to you into a repertoire of day-setting, energy-shifting, happiness-inducing goodness one at a time, and watch your days grow brighter.
P.S.: The Catalyst Camp is coming for the New Year to open up your life to the new like never before! It’s 8 weeks of de-cluttering, letting things go any lightening up life in radical ways. You can sign up HERE to start the free 3-video series & revolutionize your clutter clearing.
And, if you want to dive in to your own personalized feng shui in a modern, practical way, Say hello to Feng Shui 101. Its the guide I made for you to create your own personalized feng shui at home, in the office, wherever you may be… in 8 weeks. It’s not filled with strict rules or what you “must” do. Its filled with information, questions, exercises and even videos and classes to help you confidently create amazing spaces with killer feng shui and live with more flow. Learn more about the 8-week feng shui adventure & grab your copy to get started right HERE… And, as always, please let me know what happens!