Order is a beautiful thing. Organized spaces emanate a kind of peace and squeaky-clean harmony that is feng shui magic through and through. Organized lives have that same luster and beaming musicality.
When you are busy living life and growing, disorder can creep up in the stealthiest of ways. While we often think that disorder as a sign of laziness or sloppy behavior, that is NOT TRUE! Disorder can actually be a sign that you are GROWING!
Either way, disorder sucks!
That said, here are 10 ways to know if you are falling into disorder and a simple strategy to get things back to a symphony of bliss.
(Do you look like Edvard Munch’s The Scream man?)
10 Signs of Disorganization that tend to sneak up on even the super-successful:
1. You are late for appointments, often.
2. You don’t have supplies when you need them.
3. Overwhelm is the catch phrase for your days.
4. You are not willing to take a risk. This is a very big and very stealth sign that your ducks are not as much in a row as they need to be!
5. You are hit with a surprise deadline you didn’t see coming. When you have a handle on your calendar, you don’t get hit with lots of surprises.
6. You make tons of money but never seem to have any. Where does it all go?! I know people who make modest salaries and live pretty exciting lifestyles and still save money. They are financially organized. I know many many people rolling in cash who are always broke. They are not. If you organize your money like you would organize anything else you cherish, you will find so many ways to create a more robust picture!
7. You are constantly trying to catch up with the day. Falling behind at noon? Already behind when you wake up in the morning? This kind of pressure is unnecessary. Take a deep breath; you can get organized!
8. There is a lot of communication getting mixed up in your life. If you are constantly getting your signals crossed with people, you may need to sort out the ways that energy flows through your life. Phone, computer, internet… all require some order.
9. You can’t find anything!
10. Free floating anxiety hits for no good reason. If everything in your life is going right and you feel like something is wrong, you may have a shaky foundation. Shaky foundations are simply disorder. Clear up the disorder and you will feel grounded, cool & calm!
The best way to organize anything that I have ever found:
1. Take a few minutes to pull your energy together before you tackle a mess. A few minutes of getting grounded can do wonders to help set your body and mind straight. Take a few deep breaths. THIS exercise can also help!
2. Clear obvious clutter from your immediate environment.
3. Pick just one thing- the thing causing you the most distress- and get it together! Don’t allow yourself to get pulled into other areas or try to clean up everything at once. That is just more disorder!
4. Do as much as you can on your own, and don’t be afraid to ask for help. Enlist an expert if you need help. A home organizer. A money manager. A coach. A personal trainer. We can’t all be experts in everything, so there is no shame in asking for help when you need it!
5. Be easy on yourself. Our lives are hyper-speed these days. Once you are doing something about disorder it gets better. Don’t beat yourself up…
Instead, keep organizing!
P.S.: The Cash Camp is OPEN for just two more days in 2016! It’s huge feng shui for your finances, organizing the flow, opening the floodgates to prosperity & abundance everywhere!!! You can learn more and join me HERE! (xoxo!!!)
And, if you want to dive in to your own personalized feng shui in a modern, practical way, Say hello to Feng Shui 101. Its the guide I made for you to create your own personalized feng shui at home, in the office, wherever you may be… in 8 weeks. It’s not filled with strict rules or what you “must” do. Its filled with information, questions, exercises and even videos and classes to help you confidently create amazing spaces with killer feng shui and live with more flow. Learn more about the 8-week feng shui adventure & grab your copy to get started right HERE… And, as always, please let me know what happens! xoxo Dana