Are you having “one of those days”? You know, the day where absolutely everything’s happening at once, you are being pulled in a million directions and you still haven’t had a bite to eat?
Take a “time out” and get yourself back on track. Here’s some feng shui to help!
Feng Shui To De-Frazzle Yourself!
1. Put out the fire. When you are rushing around and feeling dispersed, in feng shui terms you are likely experiencing an abundance of fire element. Go get a big glass of water and drink it calmly. Splash your face with water or hop in a shower if you can.
2. Stretch. Even if you are doing simple stretches, the act of stretching will help you to keep the wild energy flowing rather than gathering in your body. If energy gathers and gets stagnant, you get aches, pains and stress. If you do yoga, try a few simple poses and a whole lot of deep breaths. See Tara Stiles’ amazing You Tube for a zillion routines to click you back into focus in a few minutes.
3. Silence. You know, on an easy day, you feel in tune with yourself. If you can’t take a lunch break or step away from your day for a significant time, even ten minutes with your eyes closed in silence (a park bench, a lounge or any relatively chill space will do!) can help you to hear yourself again. If you can’t even manage that, try to stay silent as you work or go through your day until you feel you have the ground more firmly under your feet.
4. Homeopathy does help! While you will need to stock this stuff in advance, I am a huge fan of Alexis Smart’s Flower Essences. Her First Aid Kit drops come to my rescue in a powerful way. I have also had huge success drinking a cup of Calm (magnesium drink) when I feel the fry of a hyperactive day coming on.
5. Find your focus on the page. While some people get overwhelmed by lists, when I have too much going on, a list of all that is in my head can be a life-saver for my day. In fact, before I drink more water or even stretch, I dump my 10,000 thoughts onto a piece of paper. They somehow magically easier to manage when they aren’t freely floating without any structure in my mind. I think you might find the same!
Also… Deep breaths always fuel calm and bring you back to the present moment, so don’t stop breathing deep as you confront and overcome the challenges of a wild day! You most definitely can do it! xoxo Dana
And, if you want to dive in to your own personalized feng shui in a modern, practical way, Say hello to Feng Shui 101. Its the guide I made for you to create your own personalized feng shui at home, in the office, wherever you may be… in 8 weeks. It’s not filled with strict rules or what you “must” do. Its filled with information, questions, exercises and even videos and classes to help you confidently create amazing spaces with killer feng shui and live with more flow. Learn more about the 8-week feng shui adventure & grab your copy to get started right HERE… And, as always, please let me know what happens! xoxo Dana