By applying feng shui to your environment in specific ways you can reinforce your intentions. If you intention is to lose weight and maintain your weight loss as a lifestyle, there are many feng shui ways to support your goal. Today, I am thrilled to share some feng shui tips to reinforce your weight loss resolutions!
Feng Shui Tips To Help You Stick To Your Weight Loss Goals! by Carol M. Olmstead
- Hide Your Kitchen. If the kitchen is the first room you see when you enter the house, you’re motivated to look for food. Keep the kitchen door closed or hang a mirror or artwork near the door to distract your eye away from the room. Avoid hanging photos on the fridge because they call your attention there.
- Avoid the Color Red. Restaurants know that the color red stimulates appetite, but it’s best to avoid using too much of it in your kitchen if you’re trying to lose weight. Instead, choose blue, black, or floral patterns for your table coverings, place mats, and napkins.
- Switch to Blue Plates. Blue is the color of the Water Element that reduces blood pressure and pulse. The term “Blue Plate Special” was popularized during the Depression when restaurant owners found that diners were satisfied with a smaller portion of food when it was served on a blue plate.
- Remove Clutter. Excess “stuff” in the kitchen, basement, and attic can overwhelm you and psychologically add weight. The act of cleaning out the weight of the clutter in a kitchen can impact the weight of the person doing the clutter clearing.
- Clear Your Closets. Get rid of clothes you’ve been saving for “when you lose weight” because when you hold on to clothes that don’t fit, it symbolizes holding on to old behavior patterns. Plus, if you are holding on to outdated clothes you won’t feel motivated to lose enough weight to wear them.
- Remove Blocks to Weight Loss. Relocate your workout equipment to a room where you will actually use it. Donate or sell any exercise equipment you don’t use, because keeping it sends a negative message of weight loss failure.
- Add Mirrors. A mirror hung strategically on the refrigerator door or on the cabinet where you store snack food will reflect your body and reinforce your resolve to change your image.
- Dine at a Beautiful Table. Decorate your table with fresh flowers, candles, and even use the “good” dishes so your smaller portions will seem more lavish. Treat yourself as an honored guest in your own home, especially when you are trying to change your eating habits.
- Balance the Yin and Yang. Vary the color of your foods, serve light colored foods in brightly colored containers, and mix hot and spicy foods with lighter and milder flavors to create a Feng Shui balanced meal each time you eat.
Great ideas to help you design a lifestyle that flows with your intentions for heath and wellness! xoxo Dana
Say hello to Feng Shui 101. Its the guide I made for you to create your own personalized feng shui at home, in the office, wherever you may be… in 8 weeks. It’s not filled with strict rules or what you “must” do. Its filled with information, questions, exercises and even videos and classes to help you confidently create amazing spaces with killer feng shui and live with more flow. Learn more about the 8-week feng shui adventure & grab your copy to get started right HERE… !