While there are so many reasons to love celebrity makeup artist and balanced beauty expert Chantal Moore, it is her commitment to living a beautiful life that is balanced for her clients and for herself that really integrates all of her incredible beauty tips and her artistry. Chantal brings us weekly best-bets from the far corners of the organic, natural, balanced and cruelty-free beauty universe, and today, in the spirit of the New Year dawning, she brings us five key ways to make a beauty fresh start that are each simple and heathful, real beauty wellness you can revisit any time of year!
From Chantal: ” A new year is upon us. I truly love the start of a new year. Bringing in that vibrant new energy. The ultimate chance to renew and start fresh. Here are a few suggestions for things that you can do to inspire, renew and recharge your beauty “life” and beauty routine in the new year.
1) Winter skin can mean a lack of “glow” so I like to schedule a deep pore cleansing, exfoliating facial. Remove the dead layers of skin to reveal more youthful skin below. From there you can evaluate your other skin needs. Smooth, exfoliated skin is a vital first step in a perfect makeup application.
2) Get a body scrub. Find a spa near you that does body scrub- preferably a salt or sugar scrub. Once you feel how soft your skin is after you will be hooked. If you prefer to do it at home on yourself you can easily make your own- there are many recipes to explore online.
3) A new haircut. It’s a perfect time to trim away dead ends, try a new look and start fresh. If you color your hair, freshening it up gives your look and your mood a boost.
4) See the Dentist. Get your teeth cleaned and whitened. Whitening your teeth makes you look younger and vibrant. It will inspire you to smile more and people who smile appear more confident and beautiful. The power of a sincere smile is transformative.
5) Feel good about yourself. Just go there. Feel beautiful. On the inner. Regardless of the current state of the outside. Always. All of my suggestions above will result in feeling better about yourself energetically. Make the pledge to love yourself more. Practice self love. It’s the ultimate beauty secret.
Happy, Healthy, Beautiful 2014 Everyone!
Chantal Moore works closely with some of the biggest names in music, fashion and film. Her beauty and makeup advice regularly appears in such magazines as InStyle and Glamour, and she has appeared on television as a beauty expert for E! Entertainment Television, The Style Network and Fine Living Network. In 2009, she became Beauty Editor for the online lifestyle magazine Tangerine Living. In 2010, Chantal appeared on the MSN.com Kellogg’s Special K-sponsored series The Victory Project as resident Beauty Expert. She also appeared on the NBC series Fashion Star , lending her beauty expertise to the design team.