The Third Eye (aka 6th Chakra): It is roughly located in the area of the forehead between the eyebrows and slightly above them. When your “third eye” is operating as it is smoothly supposed to, you may get flashes of the future, an intuitive sense of what will be, an awakened imagination and “vision” to see situations more comprehensively. Cool right?!
How do you know if your “third eye” is blocked? Is this a real thing? All folklore aside, this may sound a bit “woo-woo” but, I have to say, when I’ve had headaches or mental overwhelm, a bit of “third eye” acupuncture made it go away in a flash. I found this awesome summary of a blocked “third eye” on Dr. Laura Koniver’s blog, The Intuition Physician:
This example is a typical example of what can happen when the third eye chakra — responsible for receiving intuitive information that is above the realm of the factual world — is blocked.
Ask yourself if you have any of these symptoms:
Over-Intellectualizing to self comfort
Social events become overstimulating
Oversensitive to smells, excessive talking, tastes, textures
Needing increasing time isolated to renew.
Here are some sensory ideas to recharge your third eye:
2. Lavender aromatherapy: A really hi-fi version of lavender essential oil will make a powerful difference if you use it as an adjunct to energy healing work. I’m loving the oils at Living Libations. If you use a less-than-potent essential oil, it will not really have any energetic power. Essential oils are worth the investment. Sadly, cheaper ones tend to be not much more than perfume, so the lower price tag comes with little benefit, making them not really a good deal at all!
3. Amethyst: Personally, I could look at amethyst endlessly!
4. Acupuncture: I often get a needle stuck directly in the Third Eye point on my forehead… in fact, twice a week I do!
5. Silver: Adding some silver and metal energy to your life refines your mental clarity, enhancing that crisp vision.
6. Walk: A great walk where you are silent and look out at distant space is a great way to recharge the intuitive visual battery.
Actually, to really maximize all of our physical and well as subtle energy resources, the idea is that our whole body should be operating with optimal flowing energy. Moving toward what feels good and “seems” right is a great place to start attaining that balance! xoxo Dana
And, if you want to dive in to your own personalized feng shui in a modern, practical way, Say hello to Feng Shui 101. Its the guide I made for you to create your own personalized feng shui at home, in the office, wherever you may be… in 8 weeks. It’s not filled with strict rules or what you “must” do. Its filled with information, questions, exercises and even videos and classes to help you confidently create amazing spaces with killer feng shui and live with more flow. Learn more about the 8-week feng shui adventure & grab your copy to get started right HERE… And, as always, please let me know what happens!