When things get really shopworn to the point where they are on their last legs- be it a frying pan, window blinds, a computer, old candles- it is time to make a decision in regard to keeping them in your home. Ditch or renovate the dingy. This is today’s fast feng shui!
Dingy items in your home can be justified as pragmatic. It is NOT pragmatic to hold on to things that are falling apart. It is pragmatic to fix or be finished with them!
Here is the big reminder for the day: your home echoes your self-esteem so you have no room for dingy and worn out stuff, unless you are OK with a dingy and worn-out life!?!
I didn’t think so!
- If you have a crappy old carpet, have it professionally cleaned to the best of its potential, or find out how to replace it.
- If your window blinds or curtains are dirty, pull them out from the wall and give them a bath. You can literally wash down window blinds in the bathtub (here is how).
- If you have sooty rings in your glass candle votives, try wiping them with a Magic Eraser (while I know this isn’t the most eco-friendly, one can last for ages and will eliminate the need for lots of other household cleaners, wasted paper towels and refuse!) They also take scuffs off of walls and baseboards, and they do a zillion other things extremely well.
- If you are living with furniture on its last legs, either clean it, reupholster/repair it or consider getting something new.
- If your drawers are full of clothes that have seen better days, visit a great tailor and dry cleaner or see if you can re-purpose them into something useful.
Anything else broken-down or neglected? It is time to make the decision: repair, renew or recycle. You will feel fantastic for it!
And, if you want to dive in to your own personalized feng shui in a modern, practical way, Say hello to Feng Shui 101. Its the guide I made for you to create your own personalized feng shui at home, in the office, wherever you may be… in 8 weeks. It’s not filled with strict rules or what you “must” do. Its filled with information, questions, exercises and even videos and classes to help you confidently create amazing spaces with killer feng shui and live with more flow. Learn more about the 8-week feng shui adventure & grab your copy to get started right HERE… And, as always, please let me know what happens! xoxo Dana