Every so often, no matter how many ideas I have or what is going on around me, all I want to do is sit with my fur boys on the big teal couch and binge-watch Chopped and South Park while the day passes. These marathon food & cartoon days would leave me feeling a bit like a sloth: I mean, who would rather watch a cooking show than go to a party? But, nevertheless, guilt hangover or not, I generally felt (and stiff feel) better after a day away from the world.
Sometimes lazy is the right speed. And on lazy days, the most fruitless activity is to force things. Lazy is my way of knowing I need to rejuvenate, recharge, and turn off my mind. I’ve learned to do this now without the guilt because this lazy time has become my resting place. You can actually use utter laziness as a way to get more intuitive and instinctual, creative and grounded…!
Make a lazy day into day to recharge your energy inside & out:
- UNPLUG! Phone, computer and everything else…OFF!
- Be hedonistic, minus self-destruction! Yes to binge TV, shopping sprees, etc. No to giant substance-abuse benders 🙂
- Toss some lavender essential oil under your pillows, even under your sofa cushions. After all, if you are going to lay around all day, why not lay around and get rejuvenation at the same time.
- Keep the lights off. Darkness is yin. It helps your lazy day stay really truly lazy in the best way.
- Make some art out of doodles. For about 6 months I kept a giant box of crayons on my kitchen table, along with a sketch pad. If I talked on the phone for hours or did other lazy day things, I would draw. Then, the drawing would continue. Soon, I’d be drawing all the time. My lazy day creative zone-out turned into a super special love of art-making as a kind of therapy as my ideas became images that morphed over time.
- And lazy days are the best days for sundry beautifying health routines like detox baths, stretching & yoga, and other goodies that make you feel good that require little thought or big action on your behalf!
And, whatever you do, don’t feel guilty for taking a break!
And, if you want to dive in to your own personalized feng shui in a modern, practical way, Say hello to Feng Shui 101. Its the guide I made for you to create your own personalized feng shui at home, in the office, wherever you may be… in 8 weeks. It’s not filled with strict rules or what you “must” do. Its filled with information, questions, exercises and even videos and classes to help you confidently create amazing spaces with killer feng shui and live with more flow. Learn more about the 8-week feng shui adventure & grab your copy to get started right HERE… And, as always, please let me know what happens! xoxo Dana