Its not sexy, its not cool, but man does peroxide work like nothing else when you want things white and clean and clear! I realized when I ran out of peroxide recently that I now can not live without it…And soon, I bet you, too, will be hooked.
7 Ways To Love Peroxide:
1. Your ultra-white teeth. Every so often (I do it once a week once a week, I wouldn’t do it more often unless for a very abbreviated period of time as it can be harsh) , I put about 2 tablespoons (roughly) of hydrogen peroxide from the drug store in a cup and add water and swish it for about 2 minutes after brushing, then follow with a swish of water. I wait about 20 minutes before I eat of drink afterward. Ultra-white teeth! I’d run this past your dentist before trying (I did) and get the official OK.
2. Window washing. You will have streak-free windows and mirrors galore with a half-water/half peroxide mix in a spray bottle.
3. Puppy allergies. If your dog has allergies with paw licking like every other dog I know, a soak with some peroxide and water followed by a rinse of water can make a huge difference. I had to do it daily when Bob’s paws were angry, and they healed within days.
4. First aid must have. Cuts & scrapes get a splash of peroxide as an ultra-antiseptic. Its not pleasant, but it works!
5. If you see mold in your home, first call a professional to test it and remove it as needed. But if its minor on grout or tile, straight peroxide will kill mold effectively!
6. Clean your produce! I once read that you should soak fruit and veggies in Clorox bleach to purify them— it sounded nuts. When I read about the bacteria that can grow of produce, I somewhat understood this wacky suggestion, however I would never try it! After a 3-day bout of food poisoning where butter lettuce was a main culprit, that little spray bottle of peroxide and water for the windows doubles as a fruit & veggie spray. Spray your produce well and let sit for a few minutes, then rinse well with water and dry everything thoroughly before it hits the refrigerator.
7. Now, disinfect the fridge! And the trash can! And the whole kitchen! A freshly-made batch of peroxide and water is a non-toxic germ killer, a fabulous whitener of stained sinks (leave to soak) and an awesome freshner for bacteria-breeding trash cans and refrigerators.
Convinced yet? Just try it once and you’ll see. Soon you won’t be without a bottle, either!
If you are a feng shui tip lover and want to get even juicer info, jump on teleseminars with me, and get an inside-line on all sorts of other fun stuff to help you design your dream life, join my special list right HERE. And, if you are ready to take it to the next level & design your dream life with me, you can work with me one-on-one online or in-person to make the big moves!
Always, I love hearing from you! xoxo Dana