A reader who was sitting in darkness wrote me this question…” Hi Dana! I was wondering if you could help me with my bedroom, I’m trying to rearrange and repaint it. Thing is, my bedroom doesn’t get a lot of natural sunlight, so I always have to resort to a lot of fluorescent light and I don’t know if this is really feng shui or not but it makes my room feel stuffier.. I was wondering if there’s any way I can increase the light or natural feel of my room to make it brighter. Im also looking to paint my room a brighter white, would that help? Thanks!”
This is a great question and you will feel much better once your room is sunny and bright. Here is what I suggest!
1. Dump everything you don’t need and clean really well.
2. Change the “floursecent” light to full-spectrum light bulbs like Reveal or another full-spectrum bulb that mimics sunlight.
3. Paint the walls in a buttery yellow or another radiant shade of gold or even peach.
4. Paint the ceiling super-high-gloss white .
5. Open windows often & or get a fan to keep the energy moving!
& Let me know if any of these bring you sunshine and happiness!
Always, I love hearing from you! xoxo Dana