Feng Shui Q & A : Feng Shui To Study Better?
A reader asked the question: ” I’m going into my senior year of college, and I’m moving into a new apartment in a month or so. This past year I had a lot of trouble studying in my room and even in my living room. Any tips for organizing my desk/room/apartment to make it a more study-friendly place?”
Great question! And the answer to setting up a space to study is a vast one but lets touch on a few major points to get you going.
1. Sensory stimulation. I used to think that having the TV on made me work better. That’s the biggest lie I tell myself. I’ve said this before and will say it again: classical music actually does make you study better and has been proven to raise retention rates and IQ. iTunes actually has classical study music you can purchase, specifically selected for this purpose.
2. If you invest in one thing, make it an ergonomic seat if you type a ton at a desk or a laptop table if you sit and write so that you aren’t hunched over a computer all day or night (or both)! Alternate with a giant blow-up exercise ball for shot periods of time to keep things interesting and keep you on your toes.
3. Keep your desk clear and plop a fresh plant on it. Fresh, thriving plants = fresh, thriving energy. You need to have some natural freshness when you are dealing with abstractions and creative thought processes.
4. Keep the air circulating. Cracking windows, turning on a small fan, opening your bedroom door for a spell, all keep fresh air flowing.
5. Give yourself some play space. Take breaks with a game, be it a Rubik’s cube or a puzzle or sudoku or a little Nintendo Wii…or whatever you want! This is positive motion and active rest, kind of like walking in between training miles when preparing for a marathon!
If you are a feng shui tip lover and want to get even jucier info, jump on teleseminars with me, and get an inside line of all sorts of other fun stuff to help you design your dream life, join my special list right HERE.
Next post: Five Simple Rules For Happiness!