Energy accumulates for the better and worse, and when it stagnates, we develop every kind of trouble imaginable. Money gets tight, love turns to fear, light becomes dark, limber becomes stiff. Circulation heals.
This 12 Minute Home Energy Makeover may seem basic, but it will definitively get your chi (life force) rooted in a new, positive groove!
1. Open your windows. (15 seconds) Can it be easier than that?
2. Burn some sage. (1 minute to get it going) Keep a stockpile of sage wands on hand. Unless you live in an extremely large house, I recommend getting the smaller wands and burning them in a deep steel bowl filled with sand or other such protective vessel so that the little burning shards that fly off do not damage you or your home.
3. Blast some fabulous music. (30 seconds) Recognize the fact that music is vibration. It affects your space, it infuses space with energy, it has an elemental nature onto itself, and its enormously powerful.
4. Shine your counter tops and dust everything. (3 minutes) Always have a little microfiber towel on hand to do a quick dusting, and run your towel over your blinds and baseboards as you go. I know three minutes doesn’t seem like a long time, but with music blasting, it is plenty of time to make an impact!
5. Fluff your pillows. (1 minute) Couch, bed, etc, etc. Shake, thump and finish with a designer-style karate chop in the center of the top edge once they are placed back on the couch, bed, etc.
6. Take out the trash. (2 minutes) This is a big one. Do NOT ever let trash accumulate in your house, never ever ever.
7. Shut your toilet lids.(15 seconds) If you want to be real fancy, scrub your toilet and make this a 15 minute makeover. Its well-worth the time invested. If you don’t have time to scrub today, a few drops of orange essential oil in the toilet can flush away some stale vibes and raise the vibration!
8. Screw in a brighter bulb or two.(1.5 minutes) Keep extra bulbs for every light fixture you have on-hand so you are never in a lurch. In your entrance way and office, add extra wattage if you can, and start using full-spectrum bulbs!
9. Water your plants.(2 minutes) Feed them, too! Every time I water my plants there is a surge of fresh growth that happens before my eyes. Keep your plants well-fed & watered and you will see the difference!
10. Sprinkle a little lavender (a drop) in each still-dark corner.(30 seconds) You might have more extensive work to do before you hit total home nirvana, but if there are still energy sagging spots in your home, hit them with a drop of lavender oil and feel them come to life!
You can now close your windows (if you want to) and enjoy the major transformation that 10 minutes of rejuvenation has pumped into your environment.
Repeat this once a week (or more often if you are stuck in a big way in some area of life…) & feel the goodness!
And, if you want to dive in to your own personalized feng shui in a modern, practical way, Say hello to Feng Shui 101. Its the guide I made for you to create your own personalized feng shui at home, in the office, wherever you may be… in 8 weeks. It’s not filled with strict rules or what you “must” do. Its filled with information, questions, exercises and even videos and classes to help you confidently create amazing spaces with killer feng shui and live with more flow. Learn more about the 8-week feng shui adventure & grab your copy to get started right HERE… And, as always, please let me know what happens!